View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 06:01 AM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
2 for 4 trout report LJ

Launched at dark30, my most exciting part of the day. I calm down after 2 jigs out and graph on. Right now nothing gets my adrenaline going more than that, being single. I was inline when a ranger came up to talk to me and wondering why I was inline, he thought I wanted to be first. Part of that is right but the real reason is my hookup is truck and trailer are in to different locations and I cannot hookup in the dark.
Being said he told me that they just stocked today
Bummer trout not accumulated yet, oh well.
It's first light I launch and start trolling graph showing alot of fish.
I like to bait fish early than troll when the sun comes up.
I stopped next to the buoy line for my first trout after a 1/2 hour or so on salmon peach in corn 🌽 dip power bait I like to dip lures to. It helps recharge your power bait cheese. I was in 30 something ft of water. The guy next to me got his limit did not move all day we were both close to the cactus patch. One thing I know about trout what works one time my not work again. After an hour or so I decided to move from the buoy line I did not want to anchor up. So I slow trolled on and off with the trolling motor, pulling a night crawler on a slow death worm hook and the salmon peach on the other. No takers. As I think back I have only caught trout one time moving the power bait. And we got limits trolling in a circle above the school, that only happened one time in my life. If there is such a thing as wide open trout fishing it was happening. This report will continue I don't have time to finish it now.

Last edited by MITCHELL; 02-24-2024 at 06:43 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote