View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #152
FISH11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
She does take a second to get used but when ya do its a super stable platform.

How you like that seat all the way offset?
It is good because it's just even with the side edge of the hatch and slightly over the front edge. I used some of the time the tiller extension and it would just clear the back to turn left and was just in the perfect spot to just rest my left elbow when going straight and not need to have my left arm behind me. The seat is AWESOME! It's very comfortable and as you said saves your back and core, plus the rotating base makes it easy to change body position and even turn around while still sitting. Also love that the rotating base makes the seat removal so easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
What's the thought behind the offset of the seat vs. centered?
Is everyone running 6hp motors and is it needed or could a 4-5hp work ?
thx
I've seen videos of guys using trolling motors on the back or 2.5 and 3.5 hp motors. But whats the point of the lesser hp. The price is about the same and without the extra hp it would be harder to control is rough water. The offset on the seat is because if you see video of guys not using a seat, they are almost sitting sideways with the feet on top of the gunnel. They are trying to brace their body, but fighting being balanced. I saw a couple guys using a rope from the bow and thought that's a great way to help brace on choppy water or surf and I made it long enough to help when loading or unloading to keep it from getting away from you, because of any current. Here is a short (64 seconds) GoProQuick video of the going out the Mission Bay Jetty to test out how it handled rough, choppy water and reaction to following seas.