View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
chxh8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
So I pulled the trigger on the Penn Bluewater Carnage (Model CARBW700M) from Charkbait. Ordered it yesterday and it arrived today! Props to Charkbait for the quick shipping

My thoughts on the Tiger Model BWC2201 vs the Carnage (both rated 20-50lb and 7'):

- Surprisingly, the Ugly Stik Tiger is lighter, 15.45 oz for the Ugly Stik and 15.75 oz for the Penn
- The Carnage is a much better looking rod as one would expect
- The actions on the 2 rods are very different, the Ugly Stik has a lighter action and a much lighter tip section, the Carnage is a lot stiffer overall
I think you will like it. You can pull on fish a lot harder with it than the similar rated ugly stik. My only advice if you fish braid to fluoro is to keep your drag a little looser than you would if you are fishing braid to mono. With the stiffer rod you lose some shock absorption, and it's easier to pull hooks when fishing braid to fluoro.

As I mentioned, it's not gonna be as soft as the glass ugly stik. The carnage also has a gimbal butt and cap.... Might explain some of the weight.

Makes for a really good 40lb dropper loop setup for sea bass as well as other applications

Last edited by chxh8me; 07-16-2015 at 09:00 PM.
chxh8me is offline   Reply With Quote