View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
DanaPT

a few ideas. . .

1) Baby beach. I don't recall a 4 hour minimum. get there early and parking even on a Saturday won't be an issue. if it is there is the loading and unloading area you can stop.

2 ) boat Launch. Pay the $10 and your good all day. I park in the small parking spots created by trailers and trucks pulling across two spots.

3 )Doho metered parking: pay the meter $1 per hour for the number of hours. I think you can park all day (well more than 4 hours). wheel your kayak across the sand to the water. follow the jetty out to the sea.

4) An out of the box place to park: on the island (across the bridge). You and your buddies carry your kayak over the rocks and out to sea you go. No meter$$. Free parking.

5) I've read a post about parking in the harbor lot near the launch ramp and wheeling the kayak to the launch ramp for free. This is monitored, but free, 4 hr parking. Seems this year they've cracked down and issue $40 tickets if you over stay your welcome.

6) Beach Rd & PCH. If you ever want to fish south capo beach and are okay with a shore break surf launch (not always and can be tricky with a swell). It's $1 per hour metered parking. Gate opens at 6 am closes at 10 pm I believe.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote