View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wou...7Kz&ocid=edgsp

No members of HOW Southern Ca. take any monies for any reason. Done for love.
YEP!!!
Everyone loves WWP because they see their branding all over products and television.
I speak for myself and not HEROES ON THE WATER as an organization when I say WWP SUCKS AND RIPS OFF ITS DONORS AND OUR DESERVING VETERANS! They have been money hungry for years and have given other well meaning and well run non profit organizations a bad name.
I have told many people to please inquire how and how much any charity spends on the actual cause before donating anything to them.
In any of my discussions or meetings I purposely do not say the word warrior so to distance HOW from any perceived ties with WWP.
I find it interesting that WWP targets and receives much of their funding from 65+ year olds since they do NOTHING for veterans who served pre 9/11.

I'm very familiar with the inner workings of HEROES ON THE WATER at the National level. I know where and how donations are spent on the national level. And just so you know... The national organization is a Gold Star rated non profit organization.

The Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER is the largest chapter in the country. We are a self sufficient chapter which means we do not receive any financial aid from the National organization. When a $100 dollar check is written to our chapter $100 dollars goes to running our chapter. We are all volunteers. We do not get paid. We do not spend one penny on advertising.
The National organization oversees every penny spent by us every month and in many cases we need to get prior approval from National before we make needed purchases.

HEROES ON THE WATER does one thing and we do it well.

I am proud to be part of such a great organization that truly does serve those men and women who so bravely served our country.

If anyone has any questions please contact me.

Michael Weist
Aka Cbad, Cbad Mike

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Last edited by Heroes On The Water; 01-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote