View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #31
sandico

Having pedaled the Slayer Propel 13 numerous times in Mission Bay and in Dana Point I can offer some insight.
Kelp and eel grass can get caught in the drive system. Lift the drive up and clear it off and your good to go, not a big deal. Mirage Drive will not be able to go through the same kelp that has clogged up the Propel Drive. It takes a good size piece.
The Slayer Propel is a comfortable kayak. Excellent seat. Stand up and fish in it all the time, very stable.
Going in reverse is not perfect but you are able to reverse. You look at any boat or ship that has a rudder positioned in the same location and they will not track well in reverse. Not a problem specific to this kayak. Hobies can't go in reverse at all with the drive.
As far as the drive being locked down, it does release quick enough for shallow water entry. Will require a similar depth as a Hobie to use the drive.
Seems easy for a lot of nay sayers when they haven't even been on this kayak.
Come on down to OEX Mission Bay and check them out and even demo. Talk to me, Kerry Peeler, and I will give you all of my take on the complete package.

Kerry
OEX Mission Bay
sandico is offline   Reply With Quote