View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #17
fishcracker

First timer response,

Fishcracker here with some thoughts on your trip. Been there many times and I will tell you right now you are in for a great time. Go slow, lower your tire pressure, be patient and enjoy the scenery. Oh yeh say hi to coco for me.

The fishing is unbelivable, you will catch a large variety of fish, so bring plenty of different rods and reels for fish of all sizes, 1lb to 100lbs+.Corvina, trigger, yellow tail, grouper, pompano, barrys, needle fish, pargo and just about everything else. Last year I was fishing towards the south part of the bay when my kayak started spinning and moving forward at the same time, I was a little confused since i was not paddling and was fishing in the middle of a huge bait when I turned around to see a 20+ ft whale shark,baylein, pushing me with the bottom of his jaw, which was wide open, I have never been so scared and happy at the same time. She gradually pulled back into the clear blue water and swam directly underneath my kayak dragging her tail along side my yak. Do I jump in and go for a ride or keep trying to hook up with the pack of rooster fish that are around me, I elected to go for roosters.
Knock on wood but I have never had a bad experience down there and always am welcomed with open arms.
Circumnavigate that island and you will know you are in a special place.
Good luck and would love to here from you with photos.
fishcracker is offline   Reply With Quote