Thread: The IPA maps
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #45
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Wow...

No poli-bs here, just facts.

Along with a bunch of SD yakkers, Clay and I attended the Oxnard meeting. Then, since the room was sparsely populated by us, we had minutes, minutes to speak, Clay spoke, got an ovation, and great points were made. Clapping was allowed then...then.

Since more people were made aware by the efforts of a few, we know who they are, our voices were heard, our minutes chopped to quarter minutes, and no clapping allowed. They knew what they were doing, RR'ing us and it was obvious. As it got later in the game, the BRTF were no longer cordial, because they tried to keep the 'extensive public input' under wraps. But the word got out.

Point I am making, I agree with comments by those who have put in the time. I am not doing it for me, I want to be able to take my pride and joy out kayaking with me in a safe manner. It is our bond, and just as I am willing to fight for it, so is he.

Why don't we take all of this banter and direct it towards saving our access...

I just wish we had this much enthusiasm, views, and input in Oxnard.

We have made a difference in our region, and now is not the time to ease up nor is it the time to argue amongst ourselves...that is what they want.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote