View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #11
greenscales
greenscales

Greg - scroll to end for my more whimsical response.

Rain definitely an issue, but April wasn’t by any means a record (1 day was). But that steady gradual 1 week moderate temp & rain, followed by sun, heat wave, low wind and traditionally cooler water had a bigger impact. My theory, based on anecdotal observations: intense storms and heavy rains seems to blow out the runoff contaminants and usually create an ocean temp drop or increase deeper in water column. Not as conducive to the algae growth.
The conditions we just had created the “perfect storm” for the algae/plankton bloom. We had even worse red tides (I hope, hearing its breaking up now) when there was a lot more farming in So CA. More frequent in Baja. I have seen it in Colonet, where there’s a ton of agricultural runoff, cooler waters w/moderate currents, & a ton of sun (hence all the farming above). Lasts for months most years and the taints the flavor of residential inshore species.

But my alternate theory (google it or refer to South Park): It caused by an increase in all the bad Thetans and the red is from the tears of blood from Xenu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote