View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #19
GregAndrew

New PB

Had a great weekend. Got a backup yak from Paul Liebowitz before the sun got up on Sat. Had a great turnout at the HOW event. Got to talk to my brother for the first time since he went into the hospital. And had a good day on the water today. Caught a nice 23# YT within the first hour of fishing (after a good while finding the right bait). Got bit on the Dropper Loop just before I was ready to send the camera down . So I fished the rest of the morning with only the camera setup down looking for that elusive YT strike video. Sciatica was acting up pretty good today, so I was wrapping up pretty early. Dumped all my bait and pulled up the camera with the bait still down. Put all my loose stuff on deck away to get ready for the paddle back and got bit. The fish almost immediately makes a Bee line, up and out, directly towards the nearest couple of other kayaks. Thanks to them for clearing the way. The fish made some nice runs, but was not nearly as active as the first fish. When I saw the head, I had to do 2 or 3 takes, cause it was huge (and I still can't get over it). On a Squid year, this fish would probably be pushing 50#, but it had no belly now. Anyhow, here are the pics:

GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote