View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
jorluivil

I was a financial situation that had me stressed like never before. I was laid off Feb 29th 2009 and didn't find a job until Sept 1st 2009. Bills started backing up, mortgage fell behind, kid in college(CSULB), car notes, utilities, creditors calling...etc. I finally decided to sell my 22' Wellcraft Center Console, sold it dirt cheap but got more than I thought I was in this economy. It was tuff but it was the right decision and it was a decision that paid off tremendously. I got all of my credit card companies to settle, got my home loan modification done, I got the money for my daughters tuition 2days before it was due or die.

Although my boat is gone I can still go out fishing spending 75% less than I used to when I used my boat. If you sell your gear your can always get something later, take a minute to think about what you want, what you need and what you can do without. I damn near cried when I saw my boat leaving my driveway knowing it wasn't coming back but 3 weeks later I'm in a better situation than I was a few months ago, zero credit card debt, mortgage paid up to date and my daughter back in school.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote