Thread: Fist Kayak YT!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 05:42 AM   #12
kirkdavis

Likewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Likes It View Post
Great work Kirk! It was a pleasure meeting you and congratulations on your first kayak yellowtail. That is the first yellowtail I have seen from the sunset cliffs area. YouÂ’re inspiring me to go out there now instead of LJ. Tight lines!
I think LJ has more YTs, and probably everything else. What I don't like about LJ is the sand, the surf launch/land, and the number of people. I'm not anti-social, but I am selectively social, and there's just too many people there.
I'm going on my 6th year of kayak fishing, and have only been to LJ about 10 times. Out of MB it's a longer paddle (more exercise), and the mouth of the bay can be as challenging as the surf. There's not as many fish, but I seldom go home without dinner. I have caught 4 BSB, a 35# sevengill, 35# Mako, 18# Hali, and helped someone catch a 30# ghost. Those are a lot of fun, but for dinner I am always happy with rockfish, sheephead, ling cod, whitefish, etc.
That YT was a complete surprise since I was bottom fishing with shrimp and squid. Turned out the YT had 2 sardines in its belly, but I have had a very difficult time catching bait for a month.
Even though I am selectively social, I look forward to seeing you again out there.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote