View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post
Somewhere north of the equator, right?

It's only a guess, I could be wrong and it could be Clemente but it really looks like the backside of Catalina off the west end just inside Eagle Rock between it and west cove. There's maybe a dozen sections of angled rock strata like that between the point and ribbon rock but ribbon rock itself is much taller, and the one inside eagle rock is the only one I know of where you can see the sky over the ridge like that.

I'd say it's definitely Catalina. It could also be just inside arrowhead point to the right on the west end on the front side but the rocks look too small. Also that pic looks like it was taken in the morning which suggests it was taken on the backside.

My pic is from west cove. If you compare our pics the water color, type and color of rock and slide material and even the light quality all perfectly match.

It really looks like the same area. Not a big deal if it is though because almost no-one ever fishes there. It's a long boat ride from any fuel or food and the only time the fleet hits it is when there are Seabass in west cove.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 07-22-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote