View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 02:03 AM   #10
tamddo714

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
1500ft, is that a typo ? the transducer is rated to 600ft, and when my dragonfly7 meters the bottom at that depth, it is weak. Typically my picture is good down to 350, then details...like fish marks and bottom structure start fading out. The down image is nice, but I prefer the color detail of traditional view, while the other half of the screen is marking location to structures. I also have issues with the auto mode being unstable and loosing picture in very shallow or deep ranges(note all the static on the first photo after coming from too deep to meter). As for the Lowrance LSS-2 transducer, Raymarine CP-200 has that beat with more range and sharper details on wrecks. Neither of these sidescan transducers have the range that they claim....they pick up structure well in close and shallow, but fall short on metering fish in deep water. Sometimes useful for determining which side of the kayak a school of bait is on, but so far every way that I have mounted them has been more trouble than the benefit...slowing the speed down of an already slow kayak. If you fish frequently, the first thing to go on the DF7 will probably be the on/off button sticking on. I have had this issue on 3 different units. Putting the unit in a big ziplock full of rice can help dry it out and make the problem go away. I was having a problem with a degraded picture due to sand getting trapped between the cover plate and the transducer -- solved it by trimming the coverplate.
what maps are you running?
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote