View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #7
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

A&J,

you proposed some very good ideas to get more anglers involved in the 2007 WCW.

one fish a month, with most all species counting as points, and equal points for any species - ALL certainly sound like good ideas to me.

this would definitely allow many more of us average Joes to be a little more competitive with the big boys in the field, and thus be more likely enticed to enter the 2007 WCW.

the way i see the 2006 WCW..... it is as a very high standard of competition style event, rewarding particiants for frequently getting many of the elite fish species, and style points for the rarer species. this tests the ultimate greats of in-shore 'yak fishing. but naturally there are fewer of these super anglers around, thus it's a small, prestigious group in the competition.

this is all good, and i'm impressed with what i saw on the the "2006 WCW SLAM" thread. as i posted on there, that was an awesome thread, and there i saw all the very best SD in-shore anglers and saw many of the best kayak fish caught in So Cal & Mexico waters in all of 2006. 8)

as a spectator - i really like the 2006 WCW format. it's like watching an all-star game. and for these better anglers, it's surely exciting for them to compete for this elite crown.

as a participant - i certainly like A&J's new ideas for 2007 WCW to make it more possible for me as a mediocre angler to compete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for these reasons.... i would suggest to WCW directors to consider this possible idea:

to have TWO separate tiers or levels of the WCW 2007 trny.
(actually 2 separate events, with separate fees, winners, prizes, etc.)

(a) ammend the existing WCW 2006 trny format along the ideas proposed by A&J above. this would be the main WCW 2007 trny, and it would obviously promote the event to grow in entrants and size and exposure.

(b) then create a new, separate WCW-Elite tourney (or WCW-Pro, or WCW-Slam, or similiar name). and then have it's format based much like the existing WCW 2006 format. this would maintain the current style event for these ELITE guys that fish alot, and frequently target a lot of the sizeable SLAM fish (YT, WSB, and Buts).

if WCW decide to have 2 separate events.....

- both trnys are totally separate and independent of one another regarding fees, prizes, and points totals.
- both trnys run for all 12 months just like now.
- anglers could choose to enter their choice of just one, or the other, or both tourneys.
- any fish caught is eligible for submission to both contests by that same angler.

just some more ideas for WCW 2007 to ponder.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote