View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
JeffB

New PB sandbass 4-27-15

Things have been a little crazy lately so I took off to Shelter after work to fish Balihai shoal for bay bass and halis. Threw an A-Rig for a bit and caught about 10-12 tiny bass. After sunset I headed back to the launch. Peddled out to past the boat to hit a piece of structure in front of the beach before I called it quits. Pulled in two sandbass back to back. A little light went off in my head, then a voice that said "Go Get Em'"!!!

I peddled as fast as I could south of the pier to a spot I love. First drop get rocked. Over the next hour I caught 10 sandies, 1 pig and the rest were all 15-16" a cpl slightly bigger. I had three big ones come off, one busted me off. When I got the one to the boat my heart sank. Took a minute to land it. I finally just reached down in the water and grabbed it's lower jaw with my right hand. It mouth was like a LMB, it was huge. Peddled straight over to the pier to get a pick and weigh. Pulled out my digital scale, tried taking pick, but the flash and night you couldn't see crap. It measured out a little over 27" weighed in at 8' 14oz. My new PB, now to get one over 10+
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffB; 02-21-2016 at 05:03 PM.
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote