View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #68
momo fish

That's odd cause I lost my license last month and spoke to DFG officer up in Sacramento and I asked him the same question about a digital copy of my license and was told doesn't matter as we need to see the original license as digital can be altered or forged more easily. I asked if I can show proof via the online link that shows I purchased it and he said again, doesn't matter. Law states you need to have it in your possession. Surprised judge told you that.

Needless to say I stayed home till it arrived in the mail. First thing I pull out when going fishing is my license cause without it I can't fish. A reel, rod, kayak won't do me any good if I can't legally fish.

Glad it worked out for you and hope it's a reminder for future trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I'm not saying you shouldn't carry a license when fishing, but giving others fishermen who bought fishing license to have other means of back up in case they find themselves in my situation. We are already the highest fee paying state for fishing license but if you have a smartphone or phone, just take images or screen capture of both license and digital sign in of the dfg website. Make a folder in your smart phone for fishing license so it's easy accessible.

But yes, I got off easy this time, thanks for the kind heart judge. Also in court, a digital proof is as good as printed from what the judge says.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote