Thread: LJ Fish
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
Deamon

LJ Fish

I'm one of those weekend warrior ground and pound guys. Usually among the masses drifting around hoping I'll be the one who's lucky enough to get bent. That's when my free time shows up so I've learned to make the most of it...bring the right gear, get out, enjoy the water and hope for a shot at a quality fish...along with "everyone else" of course.

As I loaded this fish pic into my BWE album, I definitely noticed a pattern with my best catches...my most memorable yak moments...ALL of these catches were solo trips, at off times or places. I've now realized that I've NEVER caught a tail or wsb while amongst the "flotilla" (but one day I will!). I'm still missing my "on the water photo"...

Similar situation with this fish (a bit dated, sorry), it was just me and one boat out on the water. I stuck around for another (6) hours trying to get a second fish but no, this wasn't a hot bite or anything close to it. It was a ground and pound that worked out this time.

(5) trips, (5) ass freezings...40 hours on the water...two seals landed (!)...one lost radio...two wipeouts upon landings...one fish...43.8#'s...
Attached Images

Last edited by Deamon; 03-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote