View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 AM   #14
fresh to salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btmfeder View Post
Great day and excellent write-up, congrats! Question, though: that appears to be an older Outback. What are you doing for a bait tank? I've yet to use a bait tank in my old Outback and I understand that none of the Hobie units fit right. Thanks in advance, and again, congrats!
I actually use a KFS Ultimate Bait Tank System that I place on the back deck of my kayak. I sandwich my cooler/lunch box in between the back rest of my seat and the bait tank in the rectangular recessed area just behind the seat with the two scupper holes. The overflow just hits the back deck and gets directed to the recessed area (where my cooler is) and out the two scupper holes. I just use the bungee cords on the back deck to loop over the rod holders on either end and use two smaller bungee cords with hooks on the end to connect to an eyelet on either side. It works great and I have never had a problem with it moving on me or anything like that. Plus its the perfect distance behind me where I can just bend my arm behind me and place a mac or a squid in the tank without looking or pivoting on the seat and kicking my legs over the side. Let me know if you want any pictures and id be more than happy to share.
fresh to salt is offline   Reply With Quote