View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
wade

Turnin' & Burnin' 'N The ShallowZ..

You’ve all heard the term “When eat peanuts” mostly in reference to finesse fishing with micro baits for Beasts, but what about those voracious predators who eat mealZ more than half their own size?!
In a fruitless attempt to ward off smaller bycatch yesterday, I upsized the stock DieZel Chatterbait 4” trailer to Z-Man 6” SwimmerZ in Sexy Mullet, to get a more erratic wobble action while also gaining a little extra casting distance with the larger swimbait profile. At least that’s what worked for that Halibut I just released the previous session..
Went back to the far back, super south to be exact & just off the flats break line in three to four feet + with bomber casts & wind at my back, drifting the shallows was a blast producing tuggers on topwater offerings almost every third huck. Steady burns of the DieZel Chatterbait as well as 'Stop-tip-up-drop-burn-BURN and it was ON! After multiple sessions & well over 70+ Calico Bass, Spotted Bay Bass, snaggle-toothed Corvina's & even a few California Halibut thrown in the mix couldn’t tear the tail off my trusty ElaZtech swimbait. That’s singular btw. Horrible visibility but the Corvinas dancing aerials once hooked made up for it 10X. Got a bunch of quality Spottys too on Reebs Quick limits Swimjigs + Z-Man's 6” SwimmerZ in Bad Shad. C&R.

wade is offline   Reply With Quote