View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #43
rackhenry

Hi,

I just picked up a fishing kayak and looking for someone to fish with. Im new to kayak fishing. Im going to try to fish Leo and CI harbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Hello all!
I'm new to the forum.

I've been fishing since I was a kid in Alabama. I've spent a lot of time on the water in the Gulf, and on party boats out here in Los Angeles. I'm no stranger to a kayak or the surf, but I'm only just now getting into kayak fishing.

My Dad recently gave me his 13' Ocean Kayak Torque after moving away from Santa Barbara to somewhere more landlocked, and I've been looking to get out and do some fishing.

I've launched once out of Leo Carillo (those stairs are a beast to get a big Kayak up and down!) and pulled up a couple of C&R calicos out of the kelp, and had a blast
That said, my understanding is that it's best not to go alone, and none of my fishing friends have a kayak.
My wife also promised me if I keep going out alone, I might come home to find her shiny new Honda Shadow in the driveway and I'd rather she not take up motorcycling

While I try to coerce my friends into buying kayaks, I'm considering the path of least resistance....

I'm curious if any particularly friendly 'yak anglers who launch between Leo Carillo and Oxnard wouldn't mind a rookie tagging along sometime? I'm fully outfitted, mild mannered, punctual, and good with social cues. I'm also freelance, so my schedule tends to be pretty flexible for making it to the beach during the week or on short notice.

Cheers!

PS: I also *might* not be averse to picking up lunch at Neptune's Net or elsewhere locally convenient for anyone nice enough to have me
rackhenry is offline   Reply With Quote