View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #23
lamb

When I said we should use this thread to give each other crap, I really didn’t mean this BS. :roll:

A&J, you keep looking at things from your own perspective. The fact you stated that you haven’t read Andy’s and Corey’s response on Brad’s very specific clarification question doesn’t help the fact that some of us, like Adi, did read it. Can you not consider that? It would be helpful if you would fairly judge the impact of now suddenly ignoring what was clearly said in Rules and Regulations thread (is there more appropriate place?!?). People that posted their exotic under impression that it can upgraded later on would be cut short in a way. You seem to be primarily worried about keeping your comfort zone, you stated that. I would say the example with Jim Sammons changing the bass rules is quite contradictory – dropping was announced on the thread of the web, just like the clarification on exotics was. I’m sure any bass fishermen who read the original rules and didn’t read the update later on would argue that.

I’m sure we could beat this to death but there’s no point…

This is rather messy situation; I just hate to see it. We all know very well WCW is not perfect when it comes to having all legal wording in rules and regulations. The last two years, this silly game has been evolving based on input that all of us have been providing. Imperfect as it is, there is still written trail and a timeline on clarification of exotics submissions. We don’t need lawyers to interpret it – realistic judgment of any WCW player without consideration of how that would impact their own standing on the list ought to be sufficient.

We have a history of WCW moderators/members sailing smoothly. That’s mostly because we’ve managed to keep this “honest objective brotherhood/sisterhood” vibe. There’s many other things that are not quite perfect, yet we never had problems with as we all keep that fair and objective spirit. The more I see how stubbornly and passionately A&J hold their ground, more I want to see the tape shot of their released 22+” bay halibut from the tail to the jaw, not the head only. :twisted: I’m not saying anything, I’m just bringing this up as another example of "legal-admin" imperfection that moderators never enforced, and none of us ever had a problem with. No one ever raised the stink as we trust each other. We ought to be able to trust the moderators when they say something. Arguments like this are hurting that spirit. :cry:

No matter what Justice’s Wyrick stand on this ends up being, some people will be unhappy. That part sucks the most.

I’m not worried about anyone’s placement on the leader list, including my own. I am very worried about WCW keeping its integrity. We have too little people signing up as it is (I still didn’t figure that one out). The last thing we need is to loose someone because of their own interpretation of this “legal-admin” crap. This is silly fishing game and it ought to be fun, c’mon.

WCW Moderators – maybe we should throw a quick Poll and ask all people that play WCW 06 what’s their objective take on this. Ask everyone to consider the history and cast the vote - let the majority decide what’s the fair interpretation of exotics upgrade? A couple of people who have direct or vested interest arguing is quite nonsense. This is like friken Bosnia – Serbs, Croats and Bosnians having conflicting interpretations of the same story.

If A&J will accept that and if it’ll help settle this, I have no problem with NOT upgrading my exotic even if the final word ends up being that you can upgrade, and I happen to catch one by the end of the year.

Just trying to help here…