View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
PlasticSkipper

I took my 10yr old out on a half day trip to get him familiar with working the reel and hooking live bait. He picked it up really well so I took him out on our malibu two. He caught bass and had line broken off by bigger fish and enjoyed it so much that I couldn't go without him and I was getting cramped for space on the tandem. Then I found a used hobie sport pedal yak, and he was mobile.

Very stable yak for a little guy and he has the leg power to visit the pier and then pedal to the kelp beds, and go upwind when needed. He bikes with me a lot and has the legs for it. He hasn't been out since early December because of the cold, I'm looking forward to warmer weather and getting him back out there.

I tried going this morning but the break in the weather only lasted 30 minutes. After storming and raining all night, at 6:00am the wind was calm at my house but the wx band was reporting 20mph winds offshore San Diego. I took my dog down to the Shores at 6:30pm and the wind picked up again and it looked like a "victory at sea" video out there. The wind is nearly calm again at 8:00am but the forecast is still more wind.
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote