View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
AnglerBob
Junior

Thanks guys. Inspection at the lagoon is pretty quick and painless. I store my yak in the garage and with the heat and all there was no way there could be water in it. It probably wouldn't hurt to store the boat with hatches open and drain plug pulled, but every time I've been there, they just bring out a step ladder, climb up and touch the hull a couple of places and that's it. If you happened to drive through some morning drizzle on the way, though, I'd definitely wipe down with a towel before entering the lake. Cost for day parking and boat launch is now $18, but I'm pretty sure that entitles you to park/launch at the upper lake too.

As for the upper lake, I didn't get up there this time but I went there on 5/14 only to find the place under siege from massive wind. Boat launching closed at both upper+lagoon. I attempted to hike down to the ball point cove area to shore fish which was challenging as trails were really overgrown with brush. Totally blanked on fish; a few die-hards fishing at the dam/marina may have managed a couple but it was all but unfishable (see photo). Dang Santa Anas.

FlyFishnYakr, thanks much for the tips! I often prefer the after bay to the main lake for yakking as my favorite main lake spots tend to be a long distance from the marina, too much exercise for an old man
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CastaicWindy.jpg (76.4 KB, 64 views)
AnglerBob is offline   Reply With Quote