View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
FISHIONADO

Done. I wish I could write more, but my kayak is loaded on the truck and I'm going to get at least one more day on the water.

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:31 PM
To: 'molina@bos.lacounty.gov'; 'markridley-thomas@bos.lacounty.gov'; 'zev@bos.lacounty.gov'; 'dsommers@lacbos.org'; 'fifthdistrict@lacbos.org'

Subject: Supplemental Agenda No. 49 A for November 3, 2009 meeting

Dear members of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors,

I am writing in support of Map 2 for the Southern California MLPA solution. Please reject the resolution proposed by Supervisors Yaroslavsky and Knabe. I believe Map 2 it has the appropriate balance of conservation and consumption, and it meets all of the science guidelines. Map 2 has the most cross interest support, and the buy-in of consumptive fishermen. Los Angeles’s fishing community has a history of actively supporting conservation issues and enthusiastically following DFG regulations to manage the species. Point Dume is especially important to kayak anglers with it’s protected launch, and kayak anglers are environmentally friendly using human powered vessels. Please support Map 2 for the Southern California MLPA process.

I request you reject this Resolution and support Proposal 2, not Proposal 1, for the Malibu/Point Dume area. Proposal 2 has been carefully drafted to meet MLPA’s science guideline, and is the only proposal that enjoys broad-based support from all parties involved in the MLPA process.

Sincerely,

FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote