Thread: LJ 1/8
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #1
JasonG

LJ 1/8

Not a lot of reports lately, so thought I’d share my experience from yesterday. I launched around 7am, super easy launch and calm conditions, although it was foggy. Could not find bait at the kelp on the reserve boundary so I went over toward the pier and loaded up in about 45 minutes right by the research buoy... prob caught 30-40 greenbacks, completely lost count of what went in the live well. Ha

Trolled around the NW corner at 160-180’ depth and couldn’t find any big marks. By around noon the fog had cleared enough to see lots of bird activity to the south near Windansea beach, so I booked down there hoping for some YT action. Ended up on a good Calico bite, and limited in about an hour with two of them over 18”.

Winds picked up early afternoon, and more foggy weather rolled in. I got back to the launch around 3... the surf had also picked up with the incoming tide, but was still manageable.

Swells have definitely been good size lately. Personally, I really enjoy being out there and feeling that much energy in the ocean, but if you’re prone to seasickness it could be a rough day.
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote