View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
TomTurtle

Talking La Jolla 4-12-08 WSB

Got to the launch at 5:30. One other unloading and myself. Waited for some friends to show up. By 6am the launch was a zoo. Made it out about sunrise, 6:20ish. Went straight out from the hotel and made a few spanish past the reserve buoys. My buddy Weightman decided to test the bouyancy of my pliers. By the way, they don't float. Thanks Jeff.

Trolled one carolina rigged down the kelp line. Noticed some birds crashing a little further outside. There was a fair amount of bird activity today. Started the paddle towards the action and get a zip on the trolled spanish. Wait a second and set the hook. FISH ON!... then off. It wrapped some kelp and came off. I was looking down and saw a flash of white disappear. Was that... Nah...

Pinned on a nice sized greenie and continued to troll towards the birds. As I got into the area, I get a good zing on my clicker. Pick up the rod then get another good zing. Swing on it- FISH ON! I worked it in pretty quickly and even got a nice half breach jump out of the fish. I gaffed it in about 5 or 6 minutes. A beautiful white seabass. Not sure the weight but it measured 53 inches and was very stout. Paddled back to my friends. Let them know I was headed in for the day. Did the happy paddle back to an easy landing at shore.

Back on the beach I was approached by another guy who caught a white- probably about 40 inches or so. I saw a spearo with a similar sized fish to that one as well.

Pics on the way. GET OUT THERE AND GET ONE!

(sorry to the La Jolla regulars because I probably just blew up LJ for the week, but I like to see people get on the water)

Shoots!

Tom
Attached Images

Last edited by TomTurtle; 04-12-2008 at 06:56 PM.
TomTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote