View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
dorf

I have an ‘07 Outback. I got it because it was ready to fish. I was pleasantly surprised on how fast it moved. The stability is great; I am 6’3” 215 lbs and have had my 6 and 7 y/o boys on it at the same time. Although speed is not a concern of mine I have raced my friend (5’8” 250lbs) on my other Outback and with his 7 y/o son on the bow where we were each able to create sizable wakes. I plow through the surf with relative ease at La Jolla and landing is okay. Having my boys on, I do not go to La Jolla as that extra weight can get tiring and landing problematic. The 3 of us have not had any problems fishing in the bays. Just to test it out I have had my 2 boys, my wif and myself on at the same time. It is cramped but we were able to tool around Tidelands for a little while before it got too uncomfortable.

I have not been on the Revo, so I cannot comment there but I am very happy with my Outback.

I don’t know if Hobie has updated their instructional/promotional video though. If they have not I recommend disregarding the part where they say to remove the drive while landing and secure it with the bungee cord. It will not hold if you get rolled and that is a $300.00 plus mistake.

Good luck in your choice.