View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

berkley big game mono... wtf!?

so i had an unopened spool of 30lb mono big game in the garage. spool it on my saltist 40 and the beginning is super twisted, so i deal with that, then as i get to the middle it the line is a lighter green than it was before, then it looks like there's nicks in the line and to top it off, before i could spool the whole reel a loop appeared in the spool attaching two ends of mono... WTF!

so i get a new spool, im spooling it up tonight and there's piece of mono that is stringing off the main line, like it had been melted or not properly spun in its liquid form before being spooled... then a little further there's something amber colored and stuck to the mono... like peices of a melted lolipop...

also, the other day i respooled my sealine 30 with 20lb big game and it looks like it has bubbles in the line around the edges... brand new spool.

i dont know whats going on with this mono, i've never had a problem with big game, and the only other line i use is suffix and usually dont buy it because of cost.