View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
TJones

Bump

Ran a thread a few days ago about mounting suggestions with no hits. I don’t have a guardian transducer mounting plate on my Hobie, so installing a 3 in 1 is not gonna happen without damaging the sending unit. I am sticking with the Totalscan transducer. My current Hull is a 2017 PA 14. How much could I fetch for it used? Then bite the difference in cost so I can upgrade to a new hull. The down imaging / side imaging on the 3 in 1 is supposed to be improved enough to justify purchasing the 300$ transducer, but eating 1500$ or more so I can upgrade to new hull is kinda insane. Just so I can safely mount the 3 in 1? Not gonna happen at this time for me. For what we are doing, a carbon or newer model unit with a totalscan transducer is pretty efficient. I would love to mount this 3 in 1, but I don’t see it happening without being able to retract the transducer. At first, I though it was another new Hobie gimmick. But these features are actually cutting edge. Hope some of this information helps. Some good videos on YouTube from Russell Marine Products that I would highly recommend about the transducer differences and also the head unit differences.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote