View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
fearnofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
It sounds like your ready to fish with the 2 out fits you have. Get out there and add gear as you find you need it. I used to paddle out to the kelp on a long board with one rod in my teeth and I usually caught fish. Use what you have. Mike
Good advice Mike I am with ya on that! I have been out some and am haulin the yaks down to San Carlos Mexico next week and will be fishin with what I have. They have been catching some yellowtail and corvina so hopefully I will get lucky. If not it will still be a blast.

What I am looking to do is add to what I have so I can have things rigged and ready to go when I switch methods instead of having to re-rig. I may go with a torium like Matt suggested on a Calstar or another Seeker.

Pete you are right I "wander" out every now and again but am wanting to do more. I have my eye on one of those mothership trips one day but want to have a little more experience first so I get my money's worth! I also want to get over to the LJ area and check that out too, never been there!

Glad to see so many Saltist fans... mine casts like a dream!

Thanks to all that have replied so far.
fearnofish is offline   Reply With Quote