Thread: Lowrance
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 05:56 AM   #11
NavionicsSpecJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I think this issue is a deal between Navionics and Lowrance as this is the mapping on Lowrance without the chip and I think it is supplied by Navionics, seems to be forcing people into purchasing Navionics. I wonder if other brands have had the same hit in lack of detail. Long time Lowrance fan considering looking at other brands to stand behind.

Navionics has now complicated things further forcing customers to have to set up cards per region, they give you free updating for a year and charge a subscription after that. You need a SD card reader on your computer or flash/micro adapter to USB to load the details of your region via their website..........lame.

Navionics doesn’t supply the base mapping on Lowrance units, most depth finder manufacturers have an option to get a Navionics card with your purchase or they include it in the purchase.
Most fisherman I know typical don’t travel out of their “region” that often to fish unless they are fishing tournaments, and I’ve never heard them complain about having to use a different card for a different region. Typically when you have a large amount of information you’re trying to access from an electronic device who’s main purpose is to show you depth and bottom composition, you don’t see a lot of computing power left over for the secondary or tertiary functions in your smaller screen units.
As far as having to use an SD card or USB adapter, Navionics supplies both when you purchase your card, which is a micro-SD card. As most people know, the electronics manufacturers decide what type of accessory ports they want to put on their equipment, Navionics tries to provide options for consumer so they don’t have to try and find an adapter that will work on their computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NavionicsSpecJason is offline   Reply With Quote