View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
TomTurtle

How was your weekend?

Mine ended great!

Saturday: Woke up at 4am and launched at 5am. Fishied until 11am with only a few log cuda to show for my efforts.

Sunday: Hungover from the reggae show at the Del Mar fair. Steel Pulse is still awesome. Woke at 9am. Covinced myself to battle it out and hit the launch at 10am. Ask a few on the way in how it was going. They had just boated a WSB and a yellow. Good news. Trolled a jack mackrel around for hours with nothing to show. About 12pm a get a good zing on my clicker. Let the circle hook set itself and I'm on! First mintue or so no real runs or drag going out. I had no idea what I had hooked. Then the fish realized it was hooked. Man was it pissed! Several good runs and spins of the yak and up comes my first white seabass. Hell yeah. Broke in my gaff and flopped him on the deck.

When it was all said and done it measured 41 inches and 23 lbs on the OEX scale in Point Loma.

A few fellow yakers took some pics for me. Some on the water and some on the beach. I belive their names are Dan and Mike. The guy at OEX also snapped a few and said he would email me. Thanks guys!

In the words of Johnny Drama, "VICTORY!!!"

Shoots!

Last edited by TomTurtle; 06-11-2007 at 04:08 PM.
TomTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote