View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
CaliHalikiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
Yesterday was the busiest day I have ever had on my kayak. I actually lost count of how many fish I caught. So bummed my gopro battery was dead, thought I charged it... I launched out of Leo, hilariously, as it was low tide and I high centered on a large rock as the water went out and almost tipped over, was struggling not to laugh more than anything, really wish I had the gopro. The calicos were so aggressive, three hit my big hammer within 6 feet of my yak, saw them dart out of the kelp and nail it. They started small and got bigger. Several times I would be pulling up a fish and about 5 to 10 others would come up with him. Was one after another in most spots, went north after launching. I switched over to my red crab hookup bait and half the time it didnt even hit the bottom before being snatched. One guy not far from me landed a large hali, could hear the yelling - congrats. Wind picked up just after 11 so I came in but the bite was still going.
So where did you launch from drove by there Fri looked like the small stairs were closed off I'm going to fish it either Thursday morning or sat
CaliHalikiller is offline   Reply With Quote