View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla 5-26-15

Since the rush to get out after the Yellowtail in La Jolla has already started and been going for days. I thought it wouldn't hurt at this point. So here is a video from last Tuesday at La Jolla. I didn't want to be there for the Memorial Day holiday because of the crowds so I went out on Tuesday and much like the week earlier bait was everywhere but hard to catch. After making enough bait I went out to start trolling a greenback and after about 20 minutes I get hit and start the fight to get the Yellow out of the kelp he took me into after about almost 10 minutes of pulling and cutting through the bull kelp, the line pops and I find that since I had switched my leader to Seaguar pink label fluorocarbon 40lbs which is much thinner the mod albright knot didn't hold. I retied making sure this time I used 7 turns in each direction instead of 5. Problem solved because I was able to pull the next 3 hook ups right out of the bull kelp. That is a new personal best. Two weeks before it was 2 yellows and now it's 3 on the Kayak. Super stoked! The fish were 20.6lbs, 19.75lbs and 19.25lbs. Unfortunately the only thing is in the video I made some mistake with the Go Pro remote and it didn't record the second fish. I just have the picture afterwards for the proof. Now I still have the goal of catching one over 30lbs. https://youtu.be/f7B39QR2PO4
Attached Images

Last edited by FISH11; 05-31-2015 at 11:00 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote