Thread: solo skiff
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #16
hook1fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Like I'm never wet in my kayak - even my PA.

But I can see needing proper attire when it gets chilly out - definitely eating spray in quartering winds and swell - just like my PA, only at a more rapid pace.

I see myself using this in Baja where I'd be dry in just a few minutes.
Launch at the Old Mill and have a blast cruising out to the mouth of the bay without concern of sand bars, going where no panga dares.
Maybe shooting out of La Jolla to the outer kelp on those fall glassy mornings.
Zipping out to the island at Bob's place to fish with pole and speargun without the 10 mile round trip paddle/pedal getting in the way.
Imagine this thing down in Mag Bay! My god it would be awesome.
That little Tohatsu outboard with an external 2 gallon tank gives it a 40 mile range @ 11 mph. You can go places in this thing - and since it is a true skiff, I can use it at all the local lakes that ban SOT kayaks.

I'd put money on it being easier to paddle than my PA, though I'd probably get a stand up paddle for it instead of a kayak paddle. As you can guess, I'm pretty sold on it - spent all last night watching youtube videos and reading reviews. Gotta get a target rifle I'm not using sold to fund it first, but I'm targeting picking one up at Fred Hall San Diego (assuming rifle sells by then). Maybe have it at Bob's place during the April trip...

You're not the only one thinking about one of these. If not for fishing then definitely for the fun factor. They look like a blast. Maybe time to sell my trinidads and talicas
hook1fred is offline   Reply With Quote