View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #14
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracks View Post
Such a wonderful read. Thanks for sharing. I too experience the mixed emotions when dispatching a fish. Gratitude is what mostly carries the day, paired with a quick reminder of my commitment to respect the fish by taking care of the catch. That moment is kind of sort of the main way I get that wonderful reminder of my place on this earth and how we're all connected.

Plus ~ yea, factory farming is typically awful for animals and the ecosystems they exist in. The more I can catch/eat wild animals from wild places, the better. I know there's the question of 'how to feed the world' with wild animals which I haven't answered for myself but I'm also a proponent of local food and local supply chains which I think is more philosophically in balance with how nature works.

Thanks for the idea of freezing the lobster before dispatching.
Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement

You actually just reminded me of this interview which is really fascinating and a cool look at diversifying food systems to more local options rather than the commercially optimized ones. https://www.noobspearo.com/valentine...-spearfishing/
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote