View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #21
Apex Predator
pushpt.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polychrest View Post
I really like the idea and I’m considering it. The first 4 days do look brutal though. Looks like there may not be much time for daylight fishing.

Some back of a napkin calculations leaves about 3 to 5 hours left to fish.
11 and a half hours of daylight
About 4 to 5 hours of paddling per day
Hour each day to setup and break down camp plus landing and launching
Half hour for breakfast and lunch
Hour for dinner

You could probably squeeze a couple more hours out of that if you do most of your cooking when the sun is down but I think you’ll want to focus on staying warm and recovery durning that time. I think you would need to be an ultra athlete to keep that pace up for 4 days straight and still enjoy yourself.

Would you consider adding a zero day between day 2 and 3 or and additional stop to spread things out a bit?
I had some limitations on the days at certain campsites along the way, It is important that we obtained the campsites on the beach. That is one reason for the only 1 rest day and another is just trying to keep the total days of the trip down to a minimum. If this year proves that more rest is needed for future trips, I won’t hesitate to order the campsites earlier next year so that we can do it.

In regards to the hours of fishing / day, we will be fishing all day. In the morning we will catch enough bait for our fly line and dropper loop and we will be trolling the entire way, with the occasional stop for, bait, lunch, hook-ups, re-groups,marks, boils and kelp patties. We just need to make it to our nightly destination an hour or two before sunset.

I hope you can make it!!!
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote