Thread: got my
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #41
shortstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
I thought I recognized Premo's 'yard bird - pen built' legs in red Hobie. That was one big ass T! As I recall, didn't that phoooker pull you from Newport to Laguna?

I'll keep my one this year. Just haven't found the right one to keep yet! Best fish taco meat around.

No. That one was a couple weeks later. The one in this vid was my first. Male about 180-200 lbs. The one Premo got dragged him for 6 miles, was a little smaller. but on real light gear. I remember when I finally caught up with him 3 hours after he hooked up, The first thing he said was Please take over for me my arms cant take anymore. LOL! Threshers are double fun when they get to the 150lb and over. The first one I caught was about 4 miles from the launch, NOT IN LJ, to big to put on the yak. It was a long paddle back, I won't take another T shark untill 2011. I'll keep a non breeder male. I don't care what people say. There are alot of Threshers out there, When I catch them as by catch in DP in 40' of water that tells me that their numbers are up. I also see them chaseing bait and tailing all the time in several different areas. It's not just a LJ thing. The population has gone up in many areas, Now with that said, we have two types of threshers in Socal, The big eye Pelagic and the common ones we see all the time. The Pelagic T's are down in numbers, They look the same but differ in look and size, The Pelagic T white marking don't come up as far on the sides of the shark, They have less color and don't get bigger than 200lbs, have bigger eyes. So all the NAYSAYERS have now been schooled. Get your facts before you open your mouth.
shortstack is offline   Reply With Quote