View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #10
Deamon

Here's how I find my spots:
Find a place that sells FRESH dead squid and buy a couple of pounds or I just ask Greg Andrew for one of his bags. You might try this too, he's very generous. Be sure to tell him you're using it for rockfishing.
Launch on the busiest days of the week...Saturday.
Launch later in the morning (no need to rush) like 9am
Before launching, I throw on my sheepskin (car seat cover or floor rugs work well)
Head out towards rockfish areas (over 100' of water)
Steer towards multi yakkers and/or lobster pots and if you could find a mix of both, double bonus..
Begin calling out "baa, baaa, baaaa" like you're missing your favorite child. That call will throw the yakkers off and force them to drop their guard. Be sure sheepskin is set properly on body.
Act like you're watching the meter but completely disregard it for now.
i'll always have one eye on each fisherman looking for quality orange fish being caught
Be careful, some of these guys haul in fish trying to hide them from others, can you believe it?
If you see a nice fish brought up, turn yak towards them and paddle right by, close enough to see the whites of their eyes
As you go by the successful angler, by all means do not drop a line AND do not comment on their fish. Just act like you didnt see it.
Throw out a great smile, a warm good morning and comment on what a wonderful day it is.
When that sum bitch is not looking, quickly punch in your way point save or man overboard.
Do not drop a line. Repeat this fly-by process on the next yakker up the line and on and on.
After a dozen or so of these 'fly-by's head in and get the yard work done to make wifee happy.
Go out next week and work the shit out of your new numbers.
BAM! You are now a glorified/qualified successful rock fisherman!
Thank me later. I accept gifts, cash and new, unused quality fishing gear.
Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 12-10-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote