View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 05:14 PM   #4
Mahigeer

Thank you gents for your kind comments.

The SOF is not on this board to defend themselves, so I keep it short.
But the fact is that I made my reservation based on their picking the date.
Last year we got there on July 20th, and the Coho salmon fishing was great.
Boy, am I going to let them know when I see them at the end of the month at East Cape.
I don’t care to be on the show or not, it is just better to fish with friends.

I have been looking at Seward. A boat name Puffin sounds promising. It is a small “cattle boat”. They point out that captain is not the only person with comfortable seat. I guess the 3” foam bench seats have been a problem. They have different outings at different dates. Halibut only, or halibut and salmon, etc.

So far I have not found the same all-inclusive package operations in Seward. I have to fly to Anchorage then rent a car to drive to Seward. Currently I could not find a car available. Some trucks for $2500.00 for a week was available. WOW. I found a hotel at walking distance to the boat ramp. Therefore, the car will be sitting most of the day, all week. There is a train operation, which I have to check out, but how do I transport all the luggage and hopefully box(s) of fish to the train station and the airport?

Lastly, the puffin makes large fillets of the fish on board, but there is a place almost next to hotel, that vacuum packs and freezes the fillets. I have to see if they will store my catch for a whole week.
Lastly, I have to trust the fish processing place not to cheat me of my halibut fillets.

At Anglers Inn, I have come to know them and feel comfortable about handling my fish.
However, (and there are always however), I have not heard about my big fish being shipped to me. No call from the manager either yet. Even though I called the part-owner of the operation yesterday.

If anybody here has information about the inclusive packages at Seward, please let me know. Thanks.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote