Thread: Dana Pt, 3-9-17
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Dana Pt, 3-9-17

Landwhale, Harry Hill, and I met at the launch at 7am and were on the water by about 7:30. Headed straight for the Pipe. Wind wasn't bad, clear skies, and temp was just right. Water ranged from 56.5-60.3º depending on the area and time. Also, it was much cleaner overall compared to last week.

I fished the Warblade (3/4oz Sexy Dine) and a 1/2oz Coolbaits' underspin (Houdini Paddlerz for trailer) most of the day and didn't do so well (2 small bass and a pig sculpin), Steve fished the underspin and did well. Not sure what Harry used, and unfortunately he had to leave early due to a head ache. I finished with a 5.5" Big Hammer in Xmas Tree and got 2 bass with it. We worked from about 48' in to 38'. Off the water about 11:15.

Wind was weird, light offshore which died early, about 8, and almost immediately switched onshore. It got pretty sloppy and wet by 9:30 or so. Usually we get an hour or so with no wind and it's almost always from 9-10am. Anyways, I had fun with friends and caught a few, so a great day in my book.