View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Bonita for bait...

Hell ya brother! Bait was really a chore to make today (it seemed for everyone), so I happen to to catch 3 mini bonnies and decided that was good enough for me. I pinned one on and began the slow troll march towards the outside. There was another kayak fisherman outside of me going in the same direction, however he kept bending his route towards the corner. I had no where to go, and a guy behind me got a tad bit upset because I stopped, to let the other guy go by. We ended up in a small tangle, told him I was sorry, had no where to go, and let him cruise on through. He seemed to be in a hurry. I reeled in my bait from the tangle, still lively I tossed it back out and before I could take 5 pumps on my peddles - SaLAM! - I'm bit and bit good! Let the fish eat it and when it was all said a done, my circle hook was in its stomach.

On the board by 7:15am.

Brought the heavier gear today, looking to go outside for maybe a tuna...no luck today, however I did land the YT on it; 16 trini, calstar 700M, 65 spectra to 35# floro to a 4/0 circle hook.

I know my pics are lame as of now...will be working on getting better at it, trying to iron out my routine first.

Fish went maybe 25#

Good Luck and Tight Lines,

Geno
Attached Images

Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote