View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
newportdogs

I was there two weeks ago. We have always launched from the Point. Because of the lake level they’ve carved the road further down to the launch area. There’s probably only room for 6 vehicles down there. I seriously doubt you could manage a trailer there. You could probably park up on the upper level where we used to park and carry the kayaks down.

However, I’m not sure you could make the turn off the main road onto the Pigs Point road. With a Suburban or truck and 16 ft kayaks on top I have to turn and back up once or twice to make the turn. I doubt a trailer would make it. Pretty interesting at 4:30 in the morning.

Might be safer to go the dock area and find a spot there. Worst case if you find nothing there turn around and go back to Pigs Point, there is no turn required coming from that direction. You only have to hope you don’t meet a car in the dark coming your way. There is no room to pass from the dock to Pigs Point, a couple of hundred yards. But I guess you know that having been there.

Google map it and drill down, it’s current. I think looking at the map you’ll know what you can handle.

Fishing was pretty slow but hitting the Alpine Brewery in Alpine for food and great beer always makes the trip worth it.

Good luck with the trip.

newportdogs is offline   Reply With Quote