View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
If you are looking for comfort and stability, try out the Pro Angler series from Hobie. They do cost more but they are exceptionally comfortable and stable. And the Mirage drive won't cause any pain in the shoulders or back. The disadvantage is it's weight out of the water, it is heavier than most kayaks. However, the loading and unloading is not as bad as it might seem, and you aren't doing that all day. You might be able to find a place to store it at a location near the launch. I don't know if there are any openings but Dana Point Jet Ski offers storage there, and they are right on the water. Not sure if OEX offers anything like that but there may be other places that do.

I have a PA and love it, I usually stay on the water from the time I launch to sunset, the seat is very comfortable and the drive system is low impact on any joints and muscles. I have a knee that acts up occasionally but the kayak does not aggravate it.
Closer storage would be a serious asset and I wasn't aware that some places offered storage. My condo is short on that.

I've had both shoulders overhauled years ago with great success but I do worry and my knees and lower back aren't new that's for sure. I have rented a kayak for a few hours on the water but was left thinking that some kayaks and associated accessories could lessen pain issues and improve my comfort. Does kayak length mean much concerning these issues.

I appreciate all recomendations and will follow up on them. Spending money right the 1st time even if it's a bit more usually makes more sense than spending over and over again.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote