Thread: Ensenada 6/27
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #1
Pescador Paul
Junior

Ensenada 6/27

I left my home in Carlsbad at 4:45 yesterday morning and drove straight to Ensenada with no issues at all. However, the road has several places where construction has caused it to be only one lane in each direction. This could cause backups on a busy weekend.

At the entrance to the Hotel/Marina Coral I was greeted by a security guard who politely informed me that I would be charged to launch and park at the marina. Since the marina office had not yet opened, I was directed to the hotel front desk. There I was charged a $5.00 fee. This seems quite reasonable to
me, particularly since the entire area is highly secured.

I launched at the very steep ramp at about 7:00. The tide was very low. Be advised that the lower end of the ramp us amazingly slippery when exposed.

I worked the area outside the marina for 6 calico bass, two sand bass, and one bonito. The first two calicos were caught on a crankbait. All other fish were caught on plastics. Since I do not eat fish from Ensenada Bay, I released them all. All fish were caught on 6 lb. spinning gear.

I left Ensenada, after grabbing a couple of tacos, at 1:00. The drive home was uneventful, save for the 2 and a half hour wait to cross the border. I arrived home dead tired at 6:00 PM.

Paul
Pescador Paul is offline   Reply With Quote