View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Super Bowl...... Who Cares!

There’s nothing like a good bite to keep fisherman on their toes. One day you’re sitting on your couch thinking about the Super Bowl and calling all of your buddies to let them know, IT”S ON! “Brady is going to own this game!”

And then you get that phone call, “Hey, Rodge! It’s on bro!.”

You acknowledge, “I know it’s on tomorrow! I already told you IT-“

“NO, YOU IDIOT!” exclaims crony number 1. “La Jolla is going off. We need to go.”

Well, for starters I thought the Super Bowl sad. A lot of missed opportunities to make great plays, the lack of physicality, and the ads were LAME (except the Fiat commercial, you know which one I’m talking about). Madonna sucked! And my beers were warm. So I didn’t like it at all.

My highlight was the pre-game show on the water. Wow talk about a bite that blew up. I couldn’t keep count on how many boats were out there! It was wild! Fireworks were going off, boaters and yakkers at each other’s throats. They put on one hell of a show. But hey, I tell you what that was one hell of a bite. To be lucky enough to have an opportunity like that we all should consider ourselves blessed. To catch yellows off a kayak, when ½ day boats are putting macs and sand dabs in the counts really makes me feel very lucky. I know I am!

It was nice having this one bite being a limited load for a short while anyways. There were only a couple of regulars here and there. Don’t get me wrong. I like a good ole fashion flotilla every now and then. The only problem is there aren’t any college chicks around, but only a large amount beer gut, WSB fisherman. No worries! I may end up growing up to become one of these salty pirates one of these days.

Lots of fish were caught, and a couple of guys claimed their first yellows. It was a job well done for all of you out there. There’s nothing like La Jolla especially for the kayak fishing community. Everyone should understand that we are all very lucky to be part of a great community. Though we all gossip, grown, bitch and moan we are all out there to have a blast! And there is nothing like a fantastic yellowtail bite, to forget about words exchanged and just FISH.

I found myself trapped in a corner with many of you guys wanting to see some new video and I finally pulled out the camera. I don’t like to wear the thing because it is heavy and gives me a headache, but nonetheless I pulled it on. Some of it I was plain just being stupid. But it was a blast making the videos and I am definitely looking forward to the comments you guys have. So thanks to everyone on the web for putting up with all the crap said over the years, negativity is stupid. I’m guilty of it too! Just go out and fish!

All my fish were caught on yo yo jigs. Go on out there and find some schools.

P.S. Thanks you Welker! Giants congratulations!

http://youtu.be/G1e9JoNIyV4

http://youtu.be/8RlFo7BobbA

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote