View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Sad news on the Islander Trips...

I contacted Juliet at Islander Sportfishing about participating in the Battle of the Bays Tournament and this sad new was her reply...I thought I'd share it with the BWE community first.

Hi Jim,
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately at this time we do not have any kayak trips scheduled. We're not sure if these will be moving forward anymore….I can let you know when/if we book any for the summer. Best of luck to you and your tournament….

We would like to continue the kayak trips but sadly can't afford to at our past price point. We priced them very low from the beginning to build the business, but the wear and tear on our boat eats up more in repairs than the miniscule amount we were taking home. We spent a small fortune last year to paint the boat which was finished right before our first kayak trip. After 5 trips of kayaks slamming against the side, the paint job was thrashed. This, coupled with many other expenses pertaining only to kayak fishing (replacing outboards, fixing skiffs, etc.) means we need to raise prices significantly in order to continue and as yet, the kayak fishermen are not willing to pay it. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Best,
Juliet

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote