View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #10
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojos_raros
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
not really scary either, just got to keep your wits about you. Not sure I'd go solo
why the hell would you consider Baja scary? Mexicans are some of the most humble and friendly people on Earth. Ive traveled throughout todo Mexico solo sin problemas.
As I mentioned, I wrote this to a friend (in NY), not someone familiar witht he area or people. Sheesh. I was referring more to the driving conditions and general vibe than the people specifically. But there are definitely some weirdos down there too, as anywhere, and help can be much further away, so one just has to prepare accordingly. Reminds me of areas of the West or Appalachia. And I think we all learned the value of a solid long tow strap.

Quote:
more pyrotechnics
Maybe you had to be there, though the pyrotechnics were more personality than mechanical. Forrest was pretty flipped out though, and was trying to boss everybody to jump in the mud and lift the truck. Ken and I agreed that if we thought it would do anything we would, but there was no way 4-8 guys were gonna lift that thing free. With one unstuck vehicle, I was never concerned that we wouldn't figure something out relatively easily. Had we all been stuck and Steve not been down there, the problem would have been greater. Heck, we might have run out of beer.

I still don't know why he slept in his truck. Makes me laugh everytime I think about it. Funny guy though, glad to have had him along.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote