View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

Last fish of the year for me......

I apologize for the late report but was hoping to have some more good news to post up, paddled on out both the 30 and 31st for some good old yo-yo action. Dec. 30 was nice and sparkly and a little bit late of a launch with The Darkhorse...something I am perfectly fine with, sometimes it's just damn nice not launching into pitch blackness and sets of steady little waves you can't see

Wound up seeing just a grip of friendly faces...Dave a.k.a D50, Dave a.k.a Wavster, Dave Easton (seriously if anybody decides to have kids can you not name them Dave for a generation or 2....it's just plain getting confusing when you yell "hey Dave!", then again all 3 or 10 Daves I know catch ALOT OF FISH), Mknott, Dennis et. al...

Started out cool and crisp and wound up damn near like a summer day...which also wound up with some nice fish being caught.....The Darkhorse started the party pretty quickly as always, then myself and then Dennis. Got a nice chunky YT that followed my 7xjr. all the way to 20' and WHAM it was on!! Had him to gaff fairly quick upon Mknott spotting and distracting a seal for me, thanks again Mike!! About 5 minutes later another short stocky fellow repeated my feat!! Both fish were short and thick and gave a good solid fight resulting in the pic below! Probably the shortest most stout YT I have ever gotten, damn thing beat the hell out of my deck and rumbled in my hatch for quite awhile after popping 2 gills.....sweet, sweet sushi!!! Thanks for the pic Mike!

Dec 31st was cold and crappy with no current and no action for me!! Happy New Year to all!!!!
Attached Images